I am now a MITACS Elevate Postdoctoral Fellow at University of Waterloo,
working with Prof. Jimmy Lin.
Previously, I worked as an Assistant Researcher at Nanjing University.
I received my Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering from
The Ohio State University, working with Prof. Alan Ritter (now in Georgia Tech).
I obtained my MS degree from Carnegie Mellon University and my BS degree from Nanjing University.
I mainly work on Natural Language Processing. I am interested in
social media analysis and computational social science.
I am also working on bandit algorithms.
Probing Cross-modal Semantics Alignment Capability from the Textual Perspective
Zheng Ma, Shi Zong, Mianzhi Pan, Jianbing Zhang, Shujian Huang, Xinyu Dai, Jiajun Chen
EMNLP 2022 (Findings)
- Extracting a Knowledge Base of COVID-19 Events from Social Media
Shi Zong, Ashutosh Baheti, Wei Xu, Alan Ritter
- Flipping the Script: Inverse Information Seeking Dialogues for Market Research
Josh Seltzer, Kathy Cheng, Shi Zong, Jimmy Lin
SIGIR 2022 (Industry Track)
- Analyzing the Intensity of Complaints on Social Media
Ming Fang, Shi Zong, Jing Li, Xinyu Dai, Shujian Huang, Jiajun Chen
NAACL 2022 (Findings)
- Doctor Recommendation in Online Health Forums via Expertise Learning
Xiaoxin Lu, Yubo Zhang, Jing Li, Shi Zong
- GNN-LM: Language Modeling based on Global Contexts via GNN
Yuxian Meng, Shi Zong, Xiaoya Li, Xiaofei Sun, Tianwei Zhang, Fei Wu, Jiwei Li
ICLR 2022 (Spotlight)
- Measuring Forecasting Skill from Text
Shi Zong, Alan Ritter, Eduard Hovy
- Analyzing the Perceived Severity of Cybersecurity Threats Reported on Social Media
Shi Zong, Alan Ritter, Graham Mueller, Evan Wright
[covered by WIRED]
- Get to the Bottom: Causal Analysis for User Modeling
Shi Zong, Branislav Kveton, Shlomo Berkovsky, Azin Ashkan, Zheng Wen
[Best Paper Candidate]
Detecting Localized Categorical Attributes on Graphs
Siheng Chen, Yaoqing Yang, Shi Zong, Aarti Singh, Jelena Kovačević
IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing 2017
- Cascading Bandits for Large-Scale Recommendation Problems
Shi Zong, Hao Ni, Kenny Sung, Nan Rosemary Ke, Zheng Wen, Branislav Kveton
- CS 116 Introduction to Computer Science 2 (Spring 2023, University of Waterloo)
- Graduate-level Natural Language Processing (Fall 2021, Nanjing University, with Prof. Jiajun Chen, Prof. Xinyu Dai)
Research Intern at Adobe Research
May 2016 - August 2016
Mentor: Dr. Branislav Kveton,
Dr. Zheng Wen
Program committee / Reviewer: ACL Rolling Review, ACL (2020-2021), EMNLP (2019-2022), NAACL (2021), EACL (2021), CoNLL (2018-2020), ICML (2020), NeurIPS(2021), ICLR (2021), AAAI (2019-2020), W-NUT (2019-2021)
I listen to classical music regularly. My favorite composer is
J. S. Bach.